Saturday, September 29, 2012

Chapter 24

I know it's not long, but it's all I can really write for now, I promise more posts though; don't worry. Thanks for everything who's still reading!
--

Previously:


I closed the door after him, then sat on my bed and opened it to find a letter.

Dear Dalal, 

--

Dear Dalal,

I've missed you, you know? 1 year is hard to live without someone you love, but I'll tell you this.. You've never left my mind. You were the first thing I thought of in the morning when I awoke, and the last thing I thought of before my eyes closed to sleep. By the time you get this, I'll already be in the same country and city as you, and I'm hoping it brings light into my life again.. 

This sounds cliche doesn't it? I feel cheesy, but this is unfair and I deserve better treatment, all I ever did was love you.. I'll give you one last chance to show me that you love me, come tomorrow at 7:00am to Retro Morning if you still feel the same way.. If you don't, I'm going to go back and live the life I should have and want. 

Talal

--

I was tearing when I read that, and every time my mind drifted off to think about how tomorrow will go, something pulled me back.. 

I thought of the letter.. He DID deserve better.. Talal was handsome, funny, smart, and understanding.. He was the perfect man, and every girl wanted him. Why did I, the one who always ended up hurting him, deserve him?

I stayed in deep thought then just surrendered and left to grab something to eat. After a good meal, I bought a few books and made my way back to my apartment.

When I got home, I found flowers at the front of my door.. Lilies, my favorite! There was a card:

Oops, forgot these! Hope you like them.

Talal

I smiled and giggled a bit, he never failed to make me smile, laugh, or just plain feel happy! 

But as soon as these good thoughts came to my head, my smile was replaced by a frown and once again I was in deep thought.

I bent down, grabbed the flowers and went inside my apartment and began to read to get my mind off of it.

The next few hours flew by and I had finished a 300 page book.. I looked at the clock and it was only 9pm, I had slept a lot the day before so I decided to stay up another hour or so, and ended up finishing half of another book. 

By 10:45, I was asleep, completely forgetting to set an alarm for 6:30am..

1 comment:

  1. OMG i realllly hope she wakesss up thanks for the amazing post <3

    ReplyDelete