Friday, September 7, 2012

Chapter 21

Hello again! I know, I seem to talk more than I most. I'm sorry, and I come bearing bad news. Schooool! I'm excited for school, I really really am! Sadly though, it gets harder every year and well, there are some things I've got to prove to myself, it's a personal issue that I'm trying to over-come. So I hope you all excuse me, and allow me to post only in the weekends. I know I already posted a post about it, but I'm just reminding you that I will only be posting in weekends.

--

Previously:

I woke up in a hospital room with Talal in my lap, bags under his eyes with a dry tear on his cheek. 

What the hell was going on? :S


--

I shook my leg a little so that Talal would wake up, he sprung his head out instantly. As soon as he saw me with open eyes, he eyes lit up and a big smile formed on his face. It caused me to smile as well, his smile was always one of his most handsome features. 

Talal: 7amdella 3al salamah.

Dalal: Allah ysalmak. Umm.. Talal, what happened? :S

I was confused, all I remember is unbearable pain. 

Talal frowned, not wanting to answer the question, then sighed after a mental debate. 

Talal: I don't know, you woke up and started screaming like crazy about your stomach, I went to grab the car keys and get you to the hospital, but when I removed the blanket there was blood all over underneath you. I looked, but there were no cuts or anything.. 

He stopped, turned his head and just stopped speaking.

I was getting impatient.

Dalal: Is the baby okay??

I didn't think I had developed many feelings for this baby, seeing as it's Youssef's as well, but for some reason my first worry was the baby, not myself.

Talal turned back at me with shiny eyes and said two words that changed everything for the next year and a half of my life. 

Talal: She died.

Talal sprung out of his chair right then and came in to hug me, but I stayed emotionless for the next 3-5 minutes, once he noticed I hadn't cried or anything, he got up confused and faced me. I knew it wasn't Talal's fault, but anger grew inside of me. Not grief, not sadness, nothing but anger. I felt angry with the world, and all I wanted was to live alone and die when it's my time.

I got out of my bed, and starting walking. Talal rushed and held my hand, telling me I'm not supposed to be out of bed until I'm feeling better. That feeling of electricity when Talal usually touched me, it was gone. Now, it was just more rage.

I looked back at him, with hateful eyes and gave him a look that would've scared a sumo fighter. He let go of my arm, immediately. I walked to the door, and left. Left to the wrong part of the world, left to all the trouble, I.. Just.. Left.

--

1 year later.

I was walking through the black hallway between the club and old pet shop, feeling a little bit tipsy. I was laughing hysterically, crookedly walking towards 2 men.. One was black, and big. He looked like that security guard from The Suite Life On Deck, just scarier. I could see a gun tucked up under his jacket, because he was bending down and punching the other man, who looked white even though it was very dark.

The white man begged for mercy. I walked over and the black man looked up at me, gave me a slight smirk and opened his hand for me.

I reached into my ripped, skin-tight old leggings, to find my silver knife and handed it to him. I watched my boy-friend, the man I picked up on the street, the man who offered me money to sleep with him.. I watched him dig the knife deep into the white mans heart and twist it, making sure he died. 

The white mans pupils shrunk a little, and he was still. 

Gerard, my boy-friend.. stood up and opened his hand again for me to hold. I walked with him back into the bar, then excused myself to go to the "bathroom". 

I climbed out through the bathrooms window, and made my way back to white mans body. I gently shut his eyes, prayed he'd rest in peace and that god forgave him and myself for all our sins. I went back into the bar to find Gerard with a lady on-top of him bouncing up and down. I watched her in disgust, but was I really any different?

I pushed away all my conscience's words, and left the bar. I walked around a little through the night, then just left back to my apartment. I still had so many checks, filled with crazy amounts of money that my paintings were being sold for by Ahmed. I just didn't try to take the money, I wanted to leave my past. 

But tonight,  I grabbed them and went to the nearest 24-hour bank. I withdrew the amounts, while being eyed by all the women in there for being dressed like a hooker.. Which I technically was, but not for a reason of financial instability. 

7 comments:

  1. Such an amazing yet shocking post ! I had no idea any of this was going to happen ! Love your writing & keep up the good work !
    Oh and btw , u might wanna enable anonymous comments so you get more feedback from silent readers x !

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thankyou so much! That really made me smile :D

    and it's disabled? I didnt even know :p thankyou, i'll enable it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what about talal? what happened to him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice story!! But I love Talal, why did he leave the story :( ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOD how could she do that it's not like it his fault :s bas no they have to be together there so meant to be <3 anyways amazing as always, post as soon as u can :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahah hey guys. I'll post on Thursday inshallah, and hint*; He's NOT leaving the story just yet.

    ReplyDelete