Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Chapter 20

Previously:

We drove around for only about 10 minutes, Talal just played the radio and stayed quiet. When we stopped, I looked to find a restaurant named "Carlucio's", Yummy I thought, it was Italian, my favorite!

--

When we entered, I got the weirdest hint of disgust. I wanted to vomit from the smell I usually drool over.. I stood still and got a little dizzy, holding a hand onto my stomach. Talal stopped right away and asked what was wrong, but all I could do was shake my head and point a finger at my mouth, trying to show him that I needed to vomit. 

Talal quickly asked about the bathroom and carried me there, he held my hair back as I vomited my guts out. He was rubbing my back gently, telling me that I was going to be okay. 

As soon as I finished, Talal carried me into his car and began driving to the hospital. We saw a doctor, he took some blood examples and told us to wait 10 minutes. We both sat quietly waiting for an answer, when the doctor finally showed up, Talal sprung out his chair, releasing a worried expression he's been hiding since we entered the restaurant. 

The doctor looked a little confused, and was scratching his head trying to find the words to say. That worried me a little and I could see it was killing Talal. 


The Doctor: Umm.. Ms. Dalal.. I'm sorry but did you know that you're pregnant?

He was overly confused and seemed a little worried to say this in front of Talal, worrying about the different situations in which Talal would be extremely mad and kill both the doctor and I. 

I chuckled at his question and said I do. 

The Doctor: Does the father know?

I stiffened at his question and remembered how Youssef reacted, but Talal saved me right away, also surprising me with his answer.

Talal: The father is dead to both Dalal and I, he isn't in our lives and doesn't want a baby. But I'm going to be the this baby's dad, maybe not his/her biological father, but I will be a good dad to him and love him like my own. 

The doctor was a little nervous at Talal's answer, but he let out a smile in a few seconds, relaxing to the idea and trusting Talals' words. 

Talal reached out to hold my hand when he saw the big smile on my face, and squeezed it as tight as he could while he gave me a warm smile, assuring me that it will be okay.

A tear made it's way to my eye, I was happy. I was thankful, for him. 

The doctor later assured us that the dizziness was just my body's way of reacting to the pregnancy, and adapting to it. I could see Talal's relief, and it made me even happier. 

Talal and I made our way back to his apartment, forgetting our dinner. Once we got home, Talal's nervous expression came on. 

He held my hand and led me to the couch area, made sure I was sitting down then goes to his room and comes back and stands in front of me, forcing me to make a decision that I didn't think would be too hard. 

Talal: Dalal I messed up last time and didn't tell you how I felt, but now.. I'm going to tell you everything on my mind. Dalal, I've loved you from the very start, from the beginning of our friendship, I never told you because I didn't want to ruin our friendship but now.. You love me as well.. And Dalal, I don't care that you're pregnant, I've promised you that it was my job to take care of you, you're the only one I want to love and cherish you, and if that means also taking care of a baby I will, and he's from you.. I swear he'll be from MY family, 'cause you're mine. I love you, and I'll treat him like my own, I'll take care of you both, we can get away from all of this, just say yes to my question. 

He paused and got down on his knees, making me extremely nervous of what was coming next..

Talal: Dalal, will you marry me?

I started smiling like an idiot, happy about this, I wanted to answer with a yes. But something held me up.. I was two months pregnant, what the heck would people think? 

I wondered about how we would explain it.. If Talal was worth it.

I came to conclusion with what made me happy. In the end, I knew I always did what would make others happy, and I was done with that. I love him and he loves me and we're going to love this baby. 

I looked up at Talal, who still looked very anxious to hear my answer, and a little scared it might not be a yes. I smiled as big as I could, held his face between mine and looked deep into his eyes.

Dalal: HELL YESSS!!!

Talal took a few seconds but realized what I said and carried me in for a rib-cracking hug. 

We stayed together all night, and all Talal would talk about was how happy he was, and how happy I made him.. All I could do was hug him tighter, I didn't want to let go.. 

I fell asleep in his arms on the couch, the last thing I remember was him suggesting baby names (both boys and girls). I woke up though, still in his arms on the bed underneath the blanket. I was tight in his grip, and he was asleep peacefully. I tried to wriggle out slowly, trying not to wake him up. But what came next, caused me to scream in agony and smack Talal's face. 

Talal woke up terrified, I was screaming and tears were running down my cheeks, there was an unbelievable pain in my stomach. Talal jumped from his place and ran to grab his car keys and carried me to the hospital. 

--

I woke up in a hospital room with Talal in my lap, bags under his eyes with a dry tear on his cheek. 

What the hell was going on? :S

5 comments:

  1. Damn that was an amazing post <3_<3 I love ur writing and ur only 14 Marshall's ur gonna be a very talented writer <3 please post the next post as soon as u can :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be one tonight, don't worry :p

    ReplyDelete