Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Chapter 22

I know I said i'm not going to post, but I missed it, and I can't post tomorrow because I have plans and will be out really late so thought i'd post today and not leave you guys hanging :)

--

Previously:

But tonight,  I grabbed them and went to the nearest 24-hour bank. I withdrew the amounts, while being eyed by all the women in there for being dressed like a hooker.. Which I technically was, but not for a reason of financial instability. 

--

I don't know why I felt weird. It's been a year and I miss Talal. I often wondered if what I did was the right thing, I mean I left from the hospital back home for a few things like my passport, wallet, a little clothing...etc then I'd left to the airport and headed for the US. I didn't even go to somewhere safe, no no no, I chose to go for New York, down in the... hood? 

I hated what I had become, but I just.. the UAE haunted me, and I didn't WANT anything to do with it..

I closed my phone after I left.. I opened it every once in a while to see what's going on, just incase anything extremely important happened. I always found hundreds of messages from Talal, telling me he's sorry, telling me how he should've been more careful of me and taken care of me, telling me that i'm everything to him and he can't forgive himself for hurting me without me forgiving him. I always felt like complete and utter shit, I hated what I had done to him.. I wanted to call so many times, but what would I say? I'm afraid he sees my number and gets extremely excited and I run out of words and disappoint him..

I looked at the clock next to me and it was 2am, dammit.. I've wasted another night thinking about everything. Then an idea hit me, it was still the afternoon back in the UAE.. and well, I doooo have an American number so IF I called Talal, he wouldn't reaaallyyyy know that it was me. I started making up excuses, I had finally found the guts to dial his number and call. 

--

Talal's point of view:

This year has been hell, I've been doing bad in university, all I think about is Dalal.. What the hell happened to her and where she went, if she's okay.. I miss her. I just want a chance to talk to her.. Tell her how much I love her, that I'll never let her go.. Tell her how sorry I am.

I was sitting in my car, waiting for my friend to leave his house so I could follow him to his fathers company.. I was going to apply there for a job.

006********* calling.

I thought it was just one of those weird numbers that scam you so I pressed close and hung up.

006******** calling.

Hung up.

DING. New Text Message..

006**********: Talal

006********** calling.

I was confused, I don't remember who I know from the US, I have a few friends there but I've got their numbers. 

I answered.

--

Back to Dalal's point of view: 

No no no no no no I shouldn't of done this.. I stayed quiet, I didn't WANT to hang up, I wanted to hear what his voice, and hear what he'd say.

Talal: Alooo

His manly voice interrupted my thoughts.

Dalal: Umm

I didn't know what to say so I shut up, yet again.

Talal: Who is this?

No answer.

Talal: Helooo?

I inhaled and exhaled, to show him that I'm still there.

Talal: Helooooo, who is this?

I stayed quiet, then sniffed my nose.

Talal: Umm.. Is

I wanted to hear what he'd say, so I made an e7m noise.

Talal: This is Dalal.. isn't it?

--

Talal's point of view:

I knew it. As soon as she said umm, I knew her voice like the alphabet. I hestitated at first, but she stayed queiet after my question.

*Hang up noise*

I looked back at my phone to find that she had hung up, now I KNOW it was her. I ran out of my apartment and went straight to the phone agency, and tried to find out where she was.

2 hours later I was on a plane to the US.

--

Dalal's point of view:

WHAT DO I DO? I was freaking out. HE KNEW IT WAS ME. AHHHH WHY DID I HANG UP? 

But at that specific moment, something crossed my mind that I had COMPLETELY forgotten about ever since I found out about it.

Just to remind the readers about it, here remember this part:

Dalal: Last question.. Who, who's my biological father?

Dad: 

^ That was from chapter 15, I know you all probably forgot about it but I completely forgot about it as well and didn't mention it, but I always did know who I wanted the father to be so please, bear with me as I mix up a lot with the story and twist it.

I started to think about whether Talal should know who my real father was, after all, he knew the man very well.

I started to fall asleep after a while of thinking and coming out of nothing, then pulled it for another 15 hours. I was awoken by the sound of the doorbell. 

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazzziingg loved it <3 please post as soon as u can :D btw hows school?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what did you like about the post? and thankyou! <3, it's good el7amdella, same old haha, but this year is much more over-whelming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Talal still likes her and cares about her and would do anything to see her and maybe shes changing and there was detail bas try too make it linger if u can next time <3 hahaha thants good :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just read all your chapters after i read your comment on my blog. The blog about Don, Marwan, Rania.. bla bla, i just wanted to thank you in a more obvious way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi :O, thankyou! and no problemo, you just deserve better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ouch why arnt u posting </3 pleaseeee post

    ReplyDelete