Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Fear - Chapter 21

Here I was thinking I'd dread leaving, but all I could think about while walking to the check-in was a fresh start. I knew I'd miss Abdulaziz, and only Abdulaziz but I was looking forward to leaving, getting my head straight.

After all, a 15 year old was never this missed up.  


--

After buying all the candy possible from Duty Free, I was now in the plane. *In case anybody is wondering how she's funding herself, she's got a credit card. 
I knew the plane ride to Bahrain was only 15 minutes away, and it releived me a little knowing that at least I was getting a new start, but not so far away from home.. If I could call it that that is. 

I plugged my iPod in and took out some candy, trying to avoid hitting the old woman next to me because of her loud calls to her son that was across the airplane. I closed my eyes, and before I knew it the plane was in the air and there was only a few minutes until landing. So I took out my iPod and began to look through the music to waste time.. The lady next to me finally spoke to me after she eyed my iPod suspiciously.

Lady: Is that your phone?

I knew she spoke arabic cause when she was yelling to her son, it was in a Jordanian arabic accent, but she spoke to me in a perfect British accent. Hmm I thought, that's interesting. I giggled a little, I was use to getting this question from people to be honest.

Lama: No, it's my ipod but it's the new nano so it's really small.

She looked at me, and I had a proud smile in me because my American accent slipped out of me fast and hard. 

And then.. she just turned her face. I laughed a little, it was stupid but I was bored. 

*Sound of airplane hitting the ground hehe*. The next thing I knew we had landed and the pilot was coming to a stop. 

After about 10 minutes, the door finally opened and I was welcome to Bahrain with the hot breeze. Oh yes, I had forgotten it's not so different to the weather in Qatar. I smiled, and made my way through the buses and airport in no time with a genuine smile and confident walk.

When I made my way outside the airport, I was waited for by a girl that looked about a year or two older than me with my name stuck on a card held above her head. She was really white, brown hair that was cut as short as a mans but in no efficient way, and she was wearing an ugly grey dress that looked like what could be the school's uniform as it had a logo on the top right corner or it's collar. 

My smile immediately disappeared as I walked to her while she eyed my hips that swayed along with my confident walk. 

This.. Was going to be interesting I thought, and a mischievous grin grew wide on my face. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the next post, every time I come home I look forward to read your blog whenever you post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. post post post, yalla we're waiting:):)

    ReplyDelete