Friday, April 12, 2013

Fear - Chapter 23

I understand I haven't posted for a while, but this story will be ending very soon due to my lack of motivation to write. I don't enjoy it, and so I won't purse it. I'm sorry guys.
I hope there's someone still reading though :p

--

After a long ride to the school, we arrived to a luxurious building.

Except, every time I glanced at a girl, she didn't look so friendly. And suddenly, I felt surrounded by venomous snakes. It was time to put my guard up.

Very, very high.

I entered the school and was enrolled with a girl who look a little less snobbier than the other, but regardless still looked snobby. Her name was Bushra. I didn't even like her name, I thought!

Regardless of her snobby outlook, she seemed to try and make small talk with me. Asking me where I lived, where I came from, and why my parents had sent me here. I did a good job in lying about the reason my parents sent me, saying that education wasn't great in Qatar. Although it was a constantly developing country that really payed attention to their education, I couldn't afford to tell the truth.

After I cut the conversation short, not keen on making any friends with snobs. I packed my stuff up then slept on the hotel-like bed. It wasn't too comfortable though, because I was mentally clouded. Thinking of so many different things: my mom, abdulaziz, my dad.. everything in general. I even thought a little about abdullah.

I kind of smiled at the thought of that night in the club, it felt so good knowing that I didn't have any worries that day, in fact any day I decided to leave my usual personality and make the best of life and fun.

--

The next thing I knew, a week had already passed. Finding my way around the school was kind of hard considering it was really large. I still found my way after a day or two though. As for the friends, a lot of girls were sucking up to me. Wanting to get my trust, I could see their evil looks, wanting to undress my disguise. They all saw through me, or maybe.. my insecurities were getting to me.

--

A month passed.

Two.

Three.

Seven.

--

Next thing I knew, I was back in Qatar. Having suffered 7 months in that school really scared me, although it did me well in keeping me focused in studies. I didn't give my attention to a single girl, unless paired with her for a project - by force. I usually tried to get into groups on my own, and kept away from everyone. Even the teachers. I just didn't feel the need to make friends in a place I wouldn't be staying too long.

Yes, I was planning to escape.

And now, I have my chance.

I'm in Qatar. And I can leave, I thought.

Except I was greeted by my mother..

--

It wasn't a normal greeting no. No no no. She was being sweet! At the airport.

--

Then we got home, and I ran up to my room to find it packed with candy.

But then I looked at the bed.. to find a little girl sitting down. She looked much younger than me, and just as snobby as the girls back in the academy.

I frowned then asked who she was.

She groaned, and asked me who I was. The audacity on this little girl..

I turned around, ignoring her, and left to ask my mom who she was. To find my father and another strange man next to my mother. My father gave me a slight nod, showing his disapproval and disappointment still. The man though, turned around and smiled widely at me.

The man: Ta3ali 3ami.. 7amdella 3al salama 7abeebty. Shu, a'3radik ma3aki? Hala2 baba bdo ya5dk ma3a 3l bait!

He extended his hand and we shook it.

I smiled back, and said: Ah 3ami el7amdella, although ana fakart 7anam hon. Um 3ami mmkn as2al, ana ba3rafak?

He laughed.

And then told me some very shocking news, to me.

--

My mother had gotten married!

In the 7 damn months that I left? She got married!

Oh oh oh and he told me that girl in my room was his daughter from his ex-wife, who passed away.

I was even more surprised though when I came to ask myself how he had accepted such an uptight character of a wife like my mother.

Except then I realized.. outside the house, my mother was considered a goddess of attraction. She was also VERY adored by the men, due to her love for them.

That's where I clicked it, his burberry shirt, and his golden cufflinks - He was rich. And she devoured him for it.

Great..

--

I glanced upwards and nodded at my father, showing my want to move out of here - and quickly.


1 comment:

  1. I'd like to tell you that there are people who read! It's that sometimes readers don't have the audacity to comment, or because they have nothing to say from how amazing a chapter can be :p

    ReplyDelete